101 Helpful Hints for IELTS Academic
The 101 Helpful Hints provide information to familiarise students with the IELTS exam format and the types of questions involved. They also offer practical guidance with clear reference to the practice tests to help students learn from their errors, as well as advice about further practice that can be of use.
The unique format of the book enables students to complete the first practice test and review their performance before attempting the next test.
This is achieved by linking each hint to the appropriate pages of the practice test, so that students can easily identify problem areas and understand why they may have made errors.
The tests increase in difficulty as students progress through the book.
- Essential Advice for Academic Module candidates
- Extensive Help sections for all 4 sub-tests
- 2 Practice Listening Skills Tests
- 4 graded Practice Academic Reading Tests
- 4 Practice Academic Writing Tests
- 2 sets of Practice Speaking Test questions
- Speaking Test Practice Board Game
- Listening & Reading Test questions with notes
- A Score Interpreter
- A Glossary of academic terms
- Listening Skills Test Tapescripts
- Full Answer Keys And Writing Test Model Answers
How To Use This Book?
- Read the Introduction “What is IELTS?” on page 5, so that you have a better understanding of what the examination is about and what is expected of you.
- Complete Practice Test One under test conditions. Follow the instructions on page 85. Check your answers with the Answer Key on page 160. Check your ability using the Score Interpreter on page 162.
- Use the Hints Section starting on page 11 to review with care any mistakes you might have made in Practice Test One.
- Complete Practice Test Two under test conditions. Check your answers with tbc Answer Key on pages 160 and 161. Check your ability using the Score Interpreter on page 162.
- Refer to the Hints Section again to review with care any mistakes you might have made in Practice Test Two.
- Complete the more difficult Practice Tests Three and Four under test conditions. Check your answers w ith the Answer Key on page 161. Check your ability using the Score Interpreter on page 162.
- Contact your nearest IELTS Administration Centre and fill in an application form to take the test. Apply only when you feel you have adequately prepared and are ready for the examination.