The Oxford Word Skills Advanced Idioms & Phrasal Verbs will help you extend your word skills and learn all the idioms and phrasal verbs you need to know at Intermediate and Advanced levels.
Advanced Idioms & Phrasal Verbs Book
Advanced Idioms & Phrasal Verbs will help you to learn Idioms and Phrasal Verbs in different ways.
- It will teach you how idioms are used naturally in spoken and written English.
- It will help you to learn the phrasal verbs you need to know for the major exams.
- It will help you to practice using the idioms and phrasal verbs as you learn them, and revise what you’ve learned.
- Look online for fascinating information on the history of idioms – with regular updates.
- It is a part of the Oxford Word Skills series.
- Ideal for self-study. For intermediate and upper-intermediate learners.
How are the books organized?
Each book contains 60 units of vocabulary presentation and practice. Units are one to three pages long. depending on the topic. New vocabulary is presented in manageable quantities for learners.
with practice exercises following immediately. usually on the same page. The units are grouped together thematically in modules of four to nine units.
At the end of each module, there are further practice exercises in the review units. so that learners can revise and test themselves on the vocabulary learned.
About The Book
Oxford Word Skills introduces and reinforces the words, phrases, and lexical grammar that students need to confidently listen, speak, read, and write on a variety of topics and in everyday situations.
Units are simple and straightforward. Each one establishes a clear ‘I can…’ learning goal so that students understand what they will be able to do and why.
Students can cover exactly the vocabulary they need – including typical exam topics – with over 2,000 keywords at each level and plenty of practice.
It is appropriate for use both in and out of the classroom. Each unit introduces just the right amount of vocabulary for students to learn and remember in a single session, and the new words are explained using real-life contexts and situations.
Simple to use: there are spaces for students to write in their answers, as well as a ‘Test yourself’ cover card for students to ‘cover and check’ that they have learned the new vocabulary.
Students can check their progress and test their long-term memory with regular review units.
Are you short on time? Oxford Word Skills can be used for as little as 20 or 30 minutes of a lesson. Short explanations and quick practice activities require little planning.
Here are the main features of Advanced Idioms & Phrasal Verbs:
- Over 1000 new idioms and phrasal verbs are organized into 60 units.
- Units are presented in thematic modules such as ‘Thinking, learning, knowledge, and ‘Communicating with people.
- ‘About you’ or ‘About your country’ gives students the opportunity to personalize new vocabulary.
- Covers all the phrasal verbs students need to know for major exams.
- Ideal for self-study or in the classroom.
- Online activities and information on the history of idioms.
- Review units provide further opportunities for students to revise and test themselves.