Download Barron’s Pass Key To The TOEFL iBT: This revised and updated shorter version of Barron’s full-size TOEFL iBT test preparation manual prepares ESL students for the internet-based test with–
- An overview of the test format and a review of required academic skills that include note-taking, paraphrasing, summarizing, and synthesizing.
- A short review of skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Three model TOEFL iBTs, with answers explained or example answers.
Two enclosed audio CDs present audio prompts for the Listening, Speaking, and Writing sections of the book’s practice tests.
Barron’s Pass Key To The TOEFL iBT (PDF + Audio)
The tests in this book contain three reading passages, three conversations, three lectures, and three discussions or four reading passages, two conversations, two lectures, and two discussions because that is the standard length for an official TOEFL. Every official test includes either read- ing or listening material that is being field-tested for future use. There is no tutorial on the iBT.
There are currently three different packages for Barron’s TOEFL® iBT. The book is the same in all three packages.
1. Barron’s TOEFL® iBT Book with 2 MP3 CDs. Prepare using the audio for the practice activities, quizzes, and the 7 model tests in the book. MP3 CDs do NOT show visuals on the computer.
2. Barron’s TOEFL® iBT Book with 2 MP3 CDs and 1 CD-ROM. Prepare using the audio for the practice activities and the quizzes. Use the CD-ROM for the 7 model tests in the book as well as for Model Test 8, which is a bonus test on the CD-ROM. The CD-ROM simulates the TOEFL® iBT tests on the computer, including the ability to record and playback responses in the Speaking section and save your essays.
3. Barron’s TOEFL® iBT Superpack consisting of the Barron’s TOEFL® iBT book with 2 MP3 CDs and CD-ROM, Barron’s Essential Words for the TOEFL, Barron’s TOEFL Strategies and Tips with MP3 CD, and Barron’s Writing for the TOEFL iBT with MP3 CD.
All of the packages also include four video lessons for academic skills and access to a website that provides interactive pronunciation practice for campus vocabulary.