Collins Business Grammar & Practice Pre-Intermediate is a comprehensive and clear guide for those looking to improve their English grammar for use in the workplace.
The authors guide the reader through 84 units to explain the structure of the English language. Examples of real usage are followed by a simple but thorough explanation of each grammar point.
Collins Business Grammar & Practice
Business Grammar & Practice: Pre-Intermediate is for pre-intermediate to intermediate speakers of English who need to master the type of English used in professional situations.
Whether you are studying to enter the workplace or already using English at work, accurate use of English grammar will make you a more effective communicator.
If you feel you already know the core grammar for business English, the Intermediate book in this series will take you through more complex grammar.
To ensure that the language you learn is relevant for the workplace, the book uses example sentences from the Collins corpus. This is a constantly updated database of the English language from a range of print and spoken sources.
You can therefore be sure that any example used is an authentic use of English in a business context. Business Grammar & Practice: Pre-Intermediate can be used together with any business English course book to provide more detailed explanations and supplementary exercises in the grammar of business English. It is suitable for both classroom and self-study use.
There are 84- units and 6 Business Files. Each unit consists of:
- Language presentation through:
- sample sentences to show the language forms in use;
- an explanation of the language forms;
- a description of the uses of these forms.
- Practice through:
- controlled exercises to develop recognition of the language forms (Exercise 1);
- controlled exercises to practice combining language form and language use (Exercise 2);
- controlled or guided exercises focusing on language form and meaning (Exercise 3);
- transfer activities to practice transferring the language presented in the unit to the student’s own personal and professional experience.
- Answers to the controlled and guided exercises.