English For Restaurant Workers reflects as far as possible the standard practice of international western food restaurants. Users may need to make some minor adjustments to fit the practice and regulations of the establishments they serve.
English For Restaurant Workers (PDF+Audio)
To provide front line personnel in restaurants with:
- The job-related vocabulary and language needed for work in this field.
- The basic skills needed to perform the various tasks in restaurant work.
The User The book is designed for use by:
- The trainee waiter or waitress [high elementary level English upwards, who needs the specific vocabulary and commonly used expressions for their job.
- Any English speaking, an entry-level restaurant employee who needs an easy-to-follow guide to the various tasks in restaurant work.
- The restaurant trainer or language instructor, whose job can be supplemented and facilitated by the material in this book.
The material in this book reflects as far as possible the standard practice of international western food restaurants. Users may need to make some minor adjustments to fit the practice and regulations of the establishments they serve.
- The main tasks in restaurant work are treated in fifteen separate units. Each unit shows a clear step-by-step depiction of a particular task in a picture process format. Captions below each picture frame contain the vocabulary needed for that task.
- Speech balloons in the picture frames give basic functional expressions for that particular task.
- Key Vocabulary boxes at the end of each Unit list all the important and useful words for the given task.
- For Special Attention boxes in each Unit explain idioms and certain words and phrases more fully.
- Other common functional expressions for each task are given in the More Expressions boxes.
- The Glossary at the back of the book is a list of basic food and service related lexical items. It can serve as a useful guide, for both students and trainers, to the target vocabulary needed at this level.
- A recording of the main text, the additional expressions, and the dialogues from the exercises pages are available separately.
This was our English book for today. I really hope that you are going to get the best out of it. You can get the book from the links below. Good Luck!