Focus On academic skills for IELTS book is the best way to prepare for IELTS. I started doing it 4 weeks before my IELTS and some tests online at the IELTS website and I ended up getting 8.0 score all in all. If I had a bit more time and used the book more I’m sure I’d have done even better.
Focus on Academic Skills for IELTS (PDF+Audio)
Focus on Academic Skills for IELTS offers systematic preparation for students wishing to take the IELTS exam. It provides training for students taking the Listening, Speaking, Academic Writing and Academic Reading modules.
- Detailed information about the four modules of the exam, including all task types.
- Guided practice for all four skills in every module.
- language input for the different parts of the Speaking and Writing modules.
- Hints and tips to help with special areas of difficulty.
- intensive work on academic English, including collocations, useful phrases and the language of research as well as key language for specific academic topics.
- A Language review section at the end of each module that pulls together key vocabulary and concepts.
- Five Progress tests that recycle key language and skills in new contexts.
- Examples of answers to writing tasks at higher and lower band levels with guidance on assessing your writing.
- Ideas for speaking and writing on IELTS-related topics where students can apply and extend ideas from the reading and listening texts.
- Preparation tips for all four skills in a special section at the end.
Focus on Academic Skills for IELTS New Edition Book & CD:
Focus on Academic Skills for IELTS New Edition Book & CD Pack Published 2010. Longman. Provides graded, in-depth practice of the four skills, with special emphasis on reading and writing. Reinforces and extends the academic vocabulary needed for IELTS. Key Language Bank in each module offers a valuable resource for revision.