Idioms For Everyday Use book will provide you with over 230 commonly used idioms are introduced in reading selections, dialogues, and activities.
Their presentation helps learners incorporate common expressions into their everyday speech. Appealing illustrations keep students engaged as they explore idioms related to topics such as colors, geography, food, and time.
Idioms For Everyday Use is the basic text for learning and communicating with English idioms.
Idioms For Everyday Use PDF
Idioms for Everyday Use introduces learners to more than 230 common idioms. The hands-on worktext format helps individuals both to understand the idioms and to use them with confidence in their own communication. Learners encounter the high-frequency idioms in context, analyze their meanings, and practice using them in a variety of activities.
The book is designed to be used profitably by learners who are just developing language proficiency, as well as by those who are working to achieve the goal of producing natural-sounding, colloquial English. The material has been designed for use in a variety of class environments and as the basis of individual, small-group, and cooperative learning.
Idioms for Everyday Use is organized into 20 units, each with a general theme such as colors, food, geography, and time. A unit covers idioms with words related to its theme; for example, the idioms in the color unit include in the red, to feel blue, red tape, and a white lie.
Each unit consists of the following sections:
- Reading—presents the idioms in the context of an amusing story, giving learners their first exposure to the idioms.
- Meanings—offers examples of the idioms in context and asks learners to actively determine their meanings.
- Practice—provides ample opportunity to master the idioms. Learners may be asked to judge whether an idiom fits a context or whether the form of an idiom is correct.
- Conversation—presents the idioms in natural conversations for role-plays and encourages learners to create conversations of their own.
- Discussion—invites learners to make cultural comparisons and provides real-life stories or examples that illustrate usage.
The worktext also features a glossary of idioms, with their definitions, for convenient reference.
Learners will eagerly follow the light-hearted stories—illustrated with cartoons that provide entertaining and instructive visual interest-and will benefit from the variety of activities that will help them communicate naturally using English idioms.
This was our English idioms book for everyday use. I hope that you are going to get the best out of it. You can get this English Idioms book from the link below. I wish you all the best guys. Good Luck!