IELTS Academic Writing
IELTS Academic Writing is an IELTS academic writing preparation course that was made for IELTS students who want to achieve a Band Score of 6 or more in the Academic Writing.
The aim of this book is to help make students flexible and competent in their writing so that they can write on any subject in the exam. There are many texts in the book, both essays and paragraphs, but rather than learn these by heart it is better if you can learn the mechanisms, so you can apply them in any situation.
Academic Writing For IELTS
This book is for students preparing for the Writing Test in the Academic Module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), which is administered by the British Council.
- The book is aimed at those candidates aiming to achieve a Band Score of 6 or more in the Academic Writing component test.
- The book contains six sections: Section 1: Writing Practice for Task 1; Section 2: Practice for IELTS Writing Task 2; Section 3: Checking and Editing; Section 4: Practice Writing Tests; a Key; and an Appendix.
- All the graphs and the texts in this publication have been created by the author with the exception of the drawing in Section 1 Exercise 20.
- The spelling in the book is British English.
- All the names in the publication are fictitious.
- The book may be used as supplement to a book for IELTS or as a supplement to a course book, or for self-study.
- You may repeat the exercises in this book, I would advise you to avoid marking the text.
The IELTS Academic Writing Section
The academic writing test lasts for 60 minutes. The writing test contains two compulsory tasks, namely Task I and Task 2.
In Task 1, you are asked to describe graphs, bar charts, pie charts and diagrams and in Task 2 you are given an essay title on a fairly general subject.
Task I assesses your ability to analyse data objectively without giving an opinion, whereas Task 2 usually requires a subjective piece of writing on a fairly general topic. In addition, it is worth noting that the exam is not testing knowledge of the English language, but rather competence in using English. In other words, it is not testing memory. Awareness of this might help reduce some of the problems that many candidates have in the IELTS exam.
I really hope this book is going to help you to achieve your desired IELTS band score. You can get the book from the links below. Remember to stay home these days for your safety. And use your time to improve your IELTS skills.