IELTS Advantage: Speaking & Listening Skills is a comprehensive resource for achieving 6.5 or higher in the Speaking and Listening modules of the IELTS exam.
IELTS Advantage Speaking & Listening Skills (PDF + Audio)
IELTS Advantage Speaking & Listening Skills is a comprehensive resource for achieving 6.5 or higher in the Speaking and Listening modules of the IELTS exam. Students are guided step-by-step through the different stages of the speaking and listening modules, using lively material covering a wide range of the topics that are likely to occur in the exam.
IELTS Advantage Speaking & Listening Skill
The step-by-step approach guides students to success using features such as Try it first!, Spotlight on language, Exam skills, Prepare and practice and Pronunciation focus. There are plentiful exam-practice opportunities, and students can compare model speaking tests with their own versions in order to acquire further useful ideas and strategies.
Aim of the book
IELTS Advantage Speaking Listening skills is designed for students who want to achieve a score of 6.5-7.0 or higher In the Speaking and Listening modules of the Academic LELIS exam. The majority of candidates aim to get at least 6.5. in order to study at university. to work abroad. to apply for a visa or to have proof of a good level of .glish. The book aims to develop your speaking and Ithtening ski. up to and beyond this level. Companion volumes in this series are IELTS Advantage Writing Skills and IELTS Advantage Reading Skills.
The book is divided into two sections: Speaking and Listening.
The content of the Speaking section has five main features:
- Form. explanations and exam tips to help you predict and prepare for the Speaking test.
- Grammar, vocabulary, collocations, and expressions relating to the common themes and topics featured in the Speaking test.
- Exam skills and strategies for the Speaking test.
- Plentiful opportunities to practice speaking in the format of the Speaking test
- Audio examples on the accompanying CD of model Speaking tests.
The content of the Listening section has three math features:
- Format explanations and exam tips to help you predict and prepare for the Listening test.
- Development of strategies for listening and extracting the information necessary to answer the motions.
- Listening to practice material based on the accompanying CD.
Using this book in the classroom
Each unit comprises around 90-120 minutes of classroom material. The lessons can be taught as a short stand-alone course for around 20 to 30 hours. or can be used. supplementary material.
Using this book for self-study
This book h. much to offer. a self.study resource. The exam tips and explanations, the language-practice activities, and the audio material on the CD Mil provide a thorough preparation for the Speaking and Listening tests. To get the best from the speaking activity., work with a ‘study buddy. For most of these activities. one person plays the role of the examiner and the other plays the role of the candidate. Then you reverse roles and, repeat.
Organization of the book
- Units 1 and 2: These focus on Speaking Part 1. In this part of the Speaking test. the examiner asks the candidate questions ‘about familiar topi. relating to his/her life.
- Units 3 to 7: These have an Introductory section based on Speaking Part 1. followed by the main focus on Speaking Parts 2 and 3. In these parts of the t.t. the candidate prepares and delivers a short talk (Part 2). then discuss. related topics further with the examiner (Part 3).
- Unit 8 and 9: Listening.