IELTS Listening Strategies book pdf is an Ultimate Guide with Tips, Tricks, and Practice on How to Get a Target Band Score of 8.0+ in 10 Minutes a Day.
IELTS Listening Strategies Book
If you want to achieve high band scores in IELTS listening, this book is a must-get. This book covered everything we need to know about the “skills” to hack the tricky listening exam. I have owned two other books of Rachel as well: Ielts writing task 1+2 and Ielts reading strategies.
IELTS Listening Strategies Review
I was looking for a book that helps me achieve an 8.0+ in an effortless way. And my friend recommended me this guide.
This is a great ultimate guide with tips, tricks and practice on how to get a target band score of 8.0+ in 10 minutes a day. I found this book very informative and helpful.
All information is laid out in logically and easy to understand. The author gave me the helpful and practical IELTS Listening Strategies and formulas that will help me become a successful IELTS taker as well as I will even become a successful English user in work and in life.
I liked this guide very much, I got so much helpful and important information on all my questions. I highly recommend it for those who are in need of such type of information.
IELTS Listening Strategies PDF
This book is well designed and written by an experienced native teacher from the USA who has been teaching IELTS for over 10 years.
She really is the expert in training IELTS for students at each level. In this book, she will provide you all proven Formulas, Tips, Tricks, Strategies, Explanations, Structures, Listening Language, and Vocabulary to help you easily achieve an 8.0+ in the IELTS Listening, even if your listening is not excellent.
This book will also walk you through step-by-step on how to develop your listening skill; clearly analyze and explain the different types of questions that are asked for the IELTS Listening Test; provide you step-by-step instructions on how to answer each type of question excellently.
As the author of this book believes that this book will be an indispensable reference and trusted guide for you who may want to maximize your band score in IELTS Listening.
Once you read this book, I guarantee you that you will have learned an extraordinarily wide range of useful, and practical IELTS Listening strategies and formulas that will help you become a successful IELTS taker as well as you will even become a successful English user in work and in life within a short period of time only.
IELTS Listening Strategies
This ultimate guide with tips, tricks, practice, and strategies for the IELTS Listening test will help you to get your desired IELTS score.
IELTS Listening Test Summary
In this section, we are going to discuss some facts about the IELTS listening test. So let’s learn more about the IELTS Listening Test.
- The Listening test is the first module of the IELTS test. All IELTS students take the same Listening test. So, if you’re taking academic IELTS or general training IELTS, you all take the same test, the same questions, the same format, and the same scoring.
- It takes approximately 30 minutes, then candidates are given an extra 10 minutes at the end to transfer their answers from their Question Booklet to their answer sheet.
- There are 4 sections with 10 questions each (40 questions). The first two sections are the easiest; they are social. That means the context of the situation is a social situation (an everyday situation) and the last two sections are more difficult, they are academic in content.
- The recording is beard only once. Ensure you listen carefully. If you miss something, there’s no second chance. That means you really are multitasking during this listening test. You need to listen to the recording, read the questions and at the same time write down your answers. It can be quite difficult and it’s something that you do need to practice.
- Test gets more difficult as it continues.
- There are a total of 40 questions, with 10 questions per section. A variety of tasks that may be presented in the Listening test ( e.g., Multiple Choice, Short Answer, Form Completion, sentence completion, labeling diagrams, etc … ).
- Candidates are given time to read the questions before they listen and time to check their answers after they listen.
- Candidates must use a pencil to write answers on the Answer Sheet because it is scanned by a computer, That’s the same as the IELTS reading test.
IELTS Listening Format
We are all-knowing now that the IELTS listening is the same for both academic and general training IELTS test, the same test, the same questions, the same format, and the same scoring. In this part, we are going to know the format of the IELTS Listening test.
The IELTS Listening test has four sections, and they are as following :
Sections 1 and 2:
Sections 1 and 2 mostly are about everyday activities and common settings (Shopping, registering for a course, renting an apartment, hotel and restaurant reservations, getting repairs, nature and animals, etc.)
- Section 1 has two speakers (a social situation). dates and locations.
- Section 2 is also social ( everyday situations) but there is only one speaker.
Sections 3 and 4:
Academic settings (seminars, lectures, training, tutors and students discussing assignments, etc.)
- Section 3 is academic (the first academic section) that has three to four speakers.
- Section 4 has only one speaker and it is an academic lecture (very often involves a university lecturer speaking on an academic topic).
After we take an idea about the IELTS Listening test. We have to learn some tips and strategies for IELTS Listening. Yu can get the pdf about the IELTS Listening Strategies from the button below and start learning the most effective tips and strategies for the IELTS Listening test.
Finally, I hope that you enjoyed this article and feel that it has added value to your work and study in any way. Get the IELTS Listening Strategies and study hard. Good Luck!