Jokes Have a Laugh and Improve Your English book are a perfect format for learning vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and grammar.
Jokes Have a Laugh and Improve Your English (Easy English)
This book perfect format for learning vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and grammar. Jokes are also designed to be retold. If you learn a joke by heart and tell it to other people, then by doing so you will also learn the grammar and vocabulary by Jokes Have a Laugh and Improve Your English .
The book also contains exercises designed to reveal whether you have understood the joke or not:
- A joke is presented to you but with the paragraphs mixed up. Your task is to put them in the correct order.
- The joke has a choice of three punch lines. If you select the correct one, this should be an indicator that you have understood the joke.
- Several two-line jokes are presented together. The task is to match the first line and the second line.
- A joke is presented with some keywords missing. The task is to insert the right word in the right place.
Easy English! is a series of books to help you learn and revise your English with minimal effort. You can improve your English by
- reading texts in English that you might well normally read in your own language e.g. jokes, personality tests, lateral thinking games, word searches.
- doing short exercises to improve specific areas of grammar and vocabulary, i.e. the areas that tend to lead to the most mistakes – the aim is just to focus on what you really need rather than overwhelming yourself with a mass of rules, many of which may have no practical daily value
What Level of English Do I Need in Order to Benefit from This Book?
If your level is intermediate and above, then you should be able to understand the majority of the jokes, apart perhaps from those that are based purely on wordplay.
One massive benefit of jokes is that they are generally short and also contain a lot of dialogue. The sentences are also simple in structure. Even if you don’t understand the joke the first time you read it, re-reading it only involves another 30 seconds of your time.
How Will This Book Help Me Improve My English?
The aim of this series is to enable you to do something you would have done in your own language and can have fun doing in English. The added benefit is that in reading the jokes in this book, you will learn a lot of new vocabulary and revise your knowledge of grammar. Jokes are great for learning vocabulary, expressions, and grammar.
Jokes are also designed to be retold. If you learn a joke by heart and tell it to other people, then by doing so you will also learn the grammar involved in a specific context which should help you to remember the rules.
Because jokes are short, you can read them quickly. So this is the kind of book that you can pick up and put down easily. You can set yourself any easy task such as to read two jokes a day. Most other kinds of reading exercise require much more time and dedication on the part of the reader.