Mastering The TOEFL Reading book will teach you strategies on how to answer each question type that is straightforward, direct, and simple. With these strategies, you will be prepared and confident to take the Reading section.
Mastering The TOEFL Reading PDF
Getting Mastering The TOEFL Reading book means you’re serious about getting a good score on the TOEFL and you’re ready to work.
A lot of TOEFL books offer tips and suggestions and different ways of approaching questions.
What makes this book different?
- Well, the writer of this book combined her knowledge from many sources and years of experience and has put it all into one easy-to-read book!
- Not only that, but she is going to tell you about the traps used on the TOEFL- traps that are not mentioned in most TOEFL preparation books.
- You will get LOTS of practice as you read. This will leave you much better prepared to tackle the Reading section.
This book assumes you already have basic knowledge of the TOEFL, such as how to register, what I.D. to bring to the test site, and so on.
It will not bore you with all that information. You can find the most up-to-date information on those topics at the official website of TOEFL.
The purpose of this book is to teach you strategies on how to answer each question type that is straightforward, direct, and simple. With these strategies, you will be prepared and confident to take the Reading section.
The TOEFL is a costly, stressful test. This book will help you to get your goal score so you can move on with your life. So let’s talk TOEFL.
Quick Review of The TOEFL Reading
The Reading section comes first on the TOEFL test. As I’ve said, this book is not going to bore you with excessive details about how the TOEFL is formatted, but a quick review is probably a good idea.
The TOEFL Reading section has 3 or 4 reading passages. If you have three reading passages, you have an hour to complete the reading section. If you have four, you have eighty minutes.
You’re given this time limit in TOTAL which means if you’re done one passage quickly, you have more time for the next passage. As you can see, this divides up to twenty minutes per passage. You must be very careful not to go over the 20 minutes.
Each reading passage has 12-14 questions. Most questions are worth one point. The summary question at the end is worth 2 points, and the chart questions are worth 3-4 points.
If any question is worth more than one point, it will be indicated in the directions. READ ALL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY. The best score you can get on the reading section is 30.
What is the most common mistake students make in the TOEFL Reading section?
The most common mistake students make is when they take too much time on the first and second reading passages and do not have enough time to finish the third.
Obviously, this impacts their score in a big way!
Now, if you’re given four reading passages, there is good news and bad news.
- The bad news is that they are not going to score one of those passages. They’re putting it on the test to try out new testing material.
- The good news is that if you have a longer reading section, you will have a shorter listening section.