Official TOEFL iBT Tests Volume 2 Fourth Edition, by Educational Testing Service “ETS”, was published on August 25, 2020.
The Author of the book is Educational Testing Service (ETS). It is a private, nonprofit organization devoted to educational measurement and research, primarily through testing. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers, and scores more than 50 million tests annually. One of these tests is the TOEFL test.
The book was published by the American learning company “McGraw-Hill Education”. McGraw-Hill Education is considered one of the biggest three educational publishers in the US.
This book is one of the bestselling collections of Official TOEFL iBT Tests straight from ETS, the maker of the test!
Official TOEFL iBT Tests Volume 2 (Fourth Edition)
Official TOEFL iBT Tests Volume 2 is the only guide on the market that contains real TOEFL questions pulled from recent exams. Official TOEFL Tests Volume 2 will provide you with all the tools you need to achieve your best score.
- This book from ETS contains five retired TOEFL test forms with authentic reading, listening, speaking, and writing questions.
- It also comes with an answer key for each form.
- You also get online access to all five interactive tests as well as a downloadable audio file with all the passages and sample responses in the listening and speaking sections.
- You will learn how to construct a proper answer and how to integrate your speaking, listening, and writing skills to demonstrate English proficiency.
The following are the main features of the Official TOEFL iBT Tests Volume 2 book:
- 5 full-length sample TOEFL tests.
- Real TOEFL essay-writing prompts.
- Sample responses for the speaking and writing test sections.
- Downloadable audio for all the listening and speaking sections.
- Answer keys, self-scoring guides, and more.
This book, (along with Volume 2 of the same) contains the most accurate TOEFL practice tests available. There are five in this volume. The accuracy of these practice tests is what makes them so valuable – most third-party books and websites have terrible sample questions. Some major publishers publish tests that are mind-bogglingly terrible.
I should mention at this point the book is very similar to the previous editions. One reading passage has been changed, but otherwise, the tests have the same questions. They are, of course, modified to match the changes to the test introduced in 2019 so there are fewer reading, listening, and speaking questions. The good news is that the omitted questions include all of the non-standard reading question types that plagued earlier editions.
The only major difference between Volume 1 and Volume 2 (other than the contents of the tests of course) are in how the answers are presented. Volume 1 book merely talks about what an answer should contain, while in Volume 2 actual sample answers are provided. Both methods are helpful. The explanations function sort of like a template, laying out exactly what information should be included and not included. The samples, of course, are more tangible. I do wish that each book included both. Oh well.
The digital content is no longer provided on a DVD. Instead, students must use a code to access the files on McGraw-Hill’s website. I like that the content can be accessed online, but sadly the code can only be used two times. Make sure to back up those files!
You can get this book from the amazon affiliate link below and support us with a tiny commission or just simply search on it on the Amazon website.
You can also check the Official TOEFL iBT Tests Volume 1 Fourth Edition.