Peterson’s Master TOEFL Writing Skills. This book is a Test arrangement for the composition segment of the TOEFL test. It is a really helpful book.
Peterson’s Master TOEFL Writing Skills
If you are preparing for any version of the TOEFL, you are not alone. Almost a million people all over the world took the TOEFL last year. A high score on this test is an essential step in being admitted to undergraduate or graduate programs at almost all colleges and universities in North America. But preparing for this test can be a difficult, often frustrating, experience.
Peterson’s Master TOEFL Vocabulary, used as a self-tutor, will help you improve your vocabulary skills. You’ll learn many of the “right” words—words you don’t already know but that are likely to appear on your test.
- Top 10 Strategies to Raise Your Score gives you test-taking strategies.
- Part I provides TOEFL vocabulary basics, including strategies for learning and remembering new words.
- Part II provides a diagnostic test to determine your strengths and weak-nesses.
- Part III provides the basic vocabulary review. The words you’ll encounter start with those that are relatively simple. They become relatively difficult as you continue through the book. Various learning strategies, such as learning root words, are reviewed.
- Part IV consists of two additional practice vocabulary tests. They will show you how well you have mastered the vocabulary skills presented in this book.
TOEFL Writing is the writing component of the TOEFL iBT exam, and it is designed to measure your English language skills such as rhetorical skills, organization and development, usage and mechanics, and conventions of standard written English. Master the skills you need to perform well on this section of the TOEFL by working through a variety of writing prompts and practicing essential grammar structures and vocabulary.