Ready for IELTS book gives full readiness and practice to take the Academic IELTS module. It is one of the best books for IELTS. The book will make get a really high score in the IELTS test.
Ready for IELTS 2nd Edition (PDF+Audio)
The book aims to help students progress from a global IELTS band score of 5 to a band score of 6.5/7. Students with a minimum score of 4/5 in any aspect of the exam can also use this book to help them achieve a global band score up to 6.5/7. For example, to achieve a global band score of 5 candidates need minimum scores of 4, 5, 5, 5, in any order, in the four modules of Listening, Academic Reading, Academic Writing and Speaking. For a global band score of 7 candidates need 6, 7, 7, 7, again in any order.
The book contains a wide range of activities aimed at improving your English and developing the language and skills you need to improve your band score. As well as providing thorough practice in reading, writing, listening and speaking, each unit of Ready for IELTS includes one or more Language focus sections, which analyse the main grammar areas that are required for the exam, together with Vocabulary and Word building sections.
Throughout the book, the following boxes help you when performing the different tasks:
- What to expect in the exam: these contain useful information on a particular type of task in the exam.
- How to go about it: these give advice and guidelines on how to deal with different types of tasks and specific questions.
- Don’t forget!: these provide a reminder of important points to bear in mind when answering a particular type of question.
- Useful expressions: these contain extra words, phrases and parts of sentences to help you complete exercises.
Further information and advice is included in the four supplementary Ready for … units, one for each of the four parts of the exam. These are found at regular intervals in the book and can be used at appropriate moments during the course.
Each unit contains a two-page Review of the language covered in the unit. As you revise for the IELTS examination, you can use the Review pages as a quick revision guide along with the Wordlists and Grammar reference at the back of the book. Also as you progress through the course, you may want to refer back to the Review sections.
The Grammar reference contains detailed explanations of the grammar areas in the 14 units, while the extensive Wordlist is based on the vocabulary in each unit.
In each unit, there is practice in:
- one section of the Listening test
- a Reading Passage test using full-length passages
- either Task 1 or Task 2 of the Academic Writing test
- one or more of the parts of the Speaking test.
Each section of the Listening test is covered in turn throughout the book, so there is the equivalent of three-and-a-half full listening tests in the main units, with an additional example of each section in the Ready for Listening section.