Spelling Lessons and Activities (PDF)
Spelling Lessons and Activities contains a complete, sequenced spelling curriculum with more than thirty lessons at each level.
From the “Elements of Language” series from Holt, Rinehart & Winston. Covers more than just spelling – these specially designed curriculum asks the student to think about language and words, how words are formed and put together, linguistic roots, etc…. all with fun & easy exercises. But at the end of each unit you’ll be shocked at how much you’ve learned!
6 units, containing over 30 segments, include the following topics:
- How to study a word.
- Spelling strategies.
- Proofreading strategies.
- Making a personal word log.
- Compound words.
- Adding Endings to Words.
- Related words.
- Easily confused words.
- Prefixes / Suffixes.
- Words from: French, Greek, and Latin roots.
- Adjective endings.
- Science & technology words.
- Prefixes that tell position, size & amount.
- Noun & verb endings.
- Noun endings – diminuitives.
- Appendix: Spelling dictionary, word logs.
- Each unit comes with two practice tests & review activities.