Straightforward Second Edition is a six-level English course that teaches young adult and adult learners from beginner to advanced utilizing a systematic structure that supports multi-skilled learning.
For ease of use and practicality Straightforward Second Edition is structured to provide one lesson per double-page spread (A/B/C/D), lasting around 90 minutes.
All lessons are interlinked to promote better and more memorable learning, but there is the flexibility to pick out certain key sections to focus on certain language points.
Straightforward Second edition is now even more experienced in providing English for adults and young adults at all levels. The core skills are promoted and practised throughout the book and are highlighted in grammar, vocabulary, reading, speaking, and listening sections within each unit.
The extra material in the form of relevant communication activities as well as unit reviews helps to reinforce the material being learnt, along with a special emphasis on wordlists and lexical features.
With clear student progression, an easy-to-use format, and self-checking (CEFR), this Student’s Book is perfect for people looking to improve their English.
Straightforward Second Edition is a 6-level English course that leads young adult and adult learners from beginner to advanced utilizing a systematic structure that promotes multi-skilled learning.
The second edition of Straightforward builds on the series’ solid foundations by including content that is relevant to today’s fast-paced environment. Topics, articles, and activities are presented in a user-friendly format that makes it simple to follow and teach right away. The adaptable course structure breaks down language into simply consumable chunks, and the input and extra communication pages enable significant productive skill development and practice.
Straightforward Advanced Features
- Video material from the BBC and ITN with worksheets and additional videos help to engage students and give real context.
- Each Student’s Book includes self-assessment tools allowing learners to track and monitor their own progress.
- The series is acclaimed for its Teacher’s Book, written by the guru of teaching practice and instruction, Jim Scrivener.
- The Teacher’s Resource website offers comprehensive teaching support, including CEFR checklists and information guides, as well as tips from Jim Scrivener.
- The Straightforward Digital disk and eBook enable simultaneous display of course assets for flexible teaching and learning and can be used on interactive whiteboards, projectors or simply on a laptop.