The Vocabulary Files C1 aims to give students the chance to expand their vocabulary in different areas.
The Vocabulary Files C1
The Vocabulary Files series consists of 6 Books, 64 pages each, for CEF Levels: A I – A2 – B I – 82 – C I – C2.
- The aim of the series is to give students the chance to expand their vocabulary in different areas. Each unit deals with a common Vocabulary topic; the vocabulary is taught through a variety of exercises with lots of illustrations to make them more lively and interesting.
- This series can be used as Time Fillers; when teachers have some extra time and they need something to do to help students revise what they have already been taught. Alternatively, it can also be used to help weak students enrich their vocabulary in various common topics.
- Levels B I, 82, C I, and C2 in this series have also been written for students who are planning to take the IELTS exam. They cover some of the main vocabulary points that IELTS candidates will need for the Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking sections of the exam. The vocabulary that students acquire in each of these books will help them to achieve the score they want in the IELTS exam.
- The l5 units in each of these books, focus on topic-specific vocabulary areas, which may be required in the IELTS exam (for example, economy education, health, etc). Some Exercises focus on general vocabulary items, which can be used in all aspects of the English language. Many of these words are relevant to specific tasks in the IELTS exam (for example, describing how something works, writing a letter, or describing a house).
- The C1 book also focuses on the Academic Word List. These are some of the most frequently used words in academic texts. Students need to learn such words in order to get a high IELTS score and study in an English-speaking university.