While the TOEFL iBT test is not an expensive test, there are a few fees you should be aware of. This article discusses those fees and what you need to pay for to take the TOEFL iBT test
So read along, everything you need to know about these TOEFL iBT test fees is going to be provided in this article.
How much does the TOEFL cost?
The costs for taking the TOEFL iBT test are shown in the table below.
|Registration||Fees vary depending on the location.|
|Reinstatement of canceled scores||US$20|
|Additional score reports (per institution or agency)||US$20 each|
|Speaking or Writing Section score review||US$160|
|Speaking and Writing Section score review||US$160|
Most countries include any sales, use, value-added, or equivalent taxes in test and test-related expenses. The sum submitted to ETS excludes any local taxes owed in places where the client is obligated to account for them. In certain cases, the client is solely responsible for paying the taxes to the local tax office. ETS is not obligated or responsible for collecting and remitting those taxes on behalf of the consumer. Test and test-related fees are exclusive of any sales, use, value-added, or similar taxes that will be charged to the order when it is placed in Australia, Colombia, Nigeria, Turkey, and the United States.
TOEFL Fees Payment Methods Accepted
Payment methods are different depending on how you register:
- Through your ETS account,
- Over the phone,
- Or by mail.Credit/ Debit Card
Important information on how to utilize each of these ways may be found in the table below.
|Credit/ Debit Card||Electronic Check (e-check)||PayPal®||Paper Check or Money Order|
Instructions on How to Use Acceptable Payment Methods
Here are the Instructions you must know about each of the Acceptable Payment Methods TOEFL fees.
- American Express, Discover, JCB, China Union Pay, Diners Club, Mastercard, or VISA are accepted.
- Note: Only VISA cards are accepted in Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and Togo. No other cards are accepted.
- When you select credit/debit card as your payment method, you have the option to pay in select local currencies instead of U.S. dollars. You can change your selection at any time before you click “Submit” to process your payment. The system will display available local currencies and the credit card types supported for each.
Electronic Check (e-check)
E-checks must be drawn on a bank in the United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, or Canada, in U.S. dollars only. Please provide the following information from the bottom of your paper check:
- bank account number
- ABA/bank routing and transit number
- Your bank account may be debited the same day we receive your request.
- You will not receive a cancelled check.
- When paying with an e-check, you authorize ETS to make a one-time deduction from your checking or savings account.
PayPal can be used to pay for a test through your ETS Account. Select PayPal as your payment option on the payment page and follow the instructions.
To learn more about PayPal or to create an account visit the PayPal website.
Paper Check or Money Order
The check must be:
- in U.S. dollars
- made payable to ETS-TOEFL
- signed by the account holder or an authorized signer
Typewritten payer name and address, in place of signature, is not acceptable. The following information must be preprinted on the check:
- bank name
- bank address
- check or money order number
- payer’s name and address
- Post-dated checks are not accepted.
- Check dates cannot be more than 90 days old when received by ETS.
Unacceptable Forms of Payment
- cash or demand drafts.
- post-dated checks.
- any currency other than U.S. dollars (for payments not made by credit/debit card).
- receipts for bank checks.
- UNESCO coupons.
- Western Union.
Fee Reduction Service
The TOEFL Fee Reduction Service is for financially disadvantaged high school students in the United States who are applying to colleges and universities that need or recommend TOEFL scores.
The fee reduction voucher will cover half of the normal test fee.