TOEFL Power Vocab is one of the best TOEFL vocabulary books that you can use for the TOEFL preparation test. The book has over 800 essential words to help you excel on the TOEFL exam.
TOEFL Power Vocab
The TOEFL Power Vocab is a decent TOEFL vocabulary book, but some students might find the words a bit too easy. With just 800 words in the book, teaching words like “clearly” and “important” is a waste of time. For this reason, I would recommend this text mostly to students currently scoring below 80 points overall on the TOEFL, or those who are specifically struggling with the reading section of the test.
- Boost your knowledge for the Reading and Listening sections.
- Master pronunciation and be ready for the Speaking section.
- Test yourself with 70+ quizzes throughout the book.Improving your vocabulary is one of the most important steps you can take to feel more confident about the Test of English as a Foreign Language. The Princeton Review’s TOEFL Power Vocabulary has the words, tools, and strategies you need to help boost your comprehension levels and improve your score, including:
- 800+ frequently-appearing TOEFL exam words
- In-context examples and secondary definitions that help focus your study sessions
- Mnemonic devices and root guidelines that expand your vocabulary
- Brief vocab sections that break down content and let you work at your own pace
- Quick quizzes with varied drills (definitions, word pairs, synonyms, antonyms, and more) to help cement your knowledge
- Final drill section at the end of the book so you can assess your progress