World Pass Advanced Course
World Pass Advanced is going to help you expand your fluency, World Pass focuses on dynamic vocabulary building, essential grammar, and stimulating listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities that emphasize the language they need for real-world communication.
- “Language Focus” sections highlight essential grammar points and provide opportunities for fluency practice through a wide variety of communicative activities.
- For added conversation fluency practice, each “Listening” section ends with an “Ask & Answer”discussion task.
- Each “Speaking” section presents a specific speaking skill or strategy and an open-ended communicative task to help expand fluency.
- The “Reading” and “Writing” sections provide instruction and practice with the types of tasks and skills that upper-level students need.
- Two Workbook formats! In addition to printed versions, the Workbooks are available online, offering auto-graded exercises and a learning management system that allows both teachers and learners to track progress.
What is new to this Edition
A “Vocabulary Builder” activity helps learners expand vocabulary through the use of particular vocabulary-building tools, such as learning to use word families, root words, or compound nouns.
The Contents of Student Book
- Unit 1 Big Screen, Small Screen
- Unit 2 The World Awaits You
- Unit 3 School and Beyond
- Review: Units 1-3 38
- Unit 4 Contemporary Issues
- Unit 5 In Other Words
- Unit 6 Ordinary People, Extraordinary Lives
- Review: Units 4-6 76
- Unit 7 Who Are You?
- Unit 8 Happy Days
- Unit 9 Looking Good!
- Review: Units 7-9 114
- Unit 10 To Buy or Not to Buy …
- Unit 11 The Impact of Art
- Unit 12 Our Changing World
- Review: Units 10-12 152
- Language Summaries 154
- Grammar Summaries 160
- Skills Index
- Student Book Answer Key
- Expansion Pages Answer Key 168