Download Lesson for IELTS Reading
The Lesson for IELTS Reading book covers the following points: Reading Topics and Styles Topics which are often seen in the IELTS Reading test – Technology, the environment, psychology, human biology, science, history, sport, medicine, the media, advertising Common styles of IELTS Reading passages – Narrative, description, and argument styles.
About Lesson for IELTS Reading Book
- Articles are written in newspaper, journal, and/or magazine style and are mostly at a level for an educated, general audience.
- Vocabulary Exercises to help you to recognize and learn useful vocabulary for reading texts; strategies for dealing with unknown vocabulary in reading texts.
- Strategies and Practice for Answering the IELTS Reading Questions Types.
- All of the IELTS reading question types are covered in this book.
The book provides: –
- Practice exercises for each question type.
- Helpful hints for approaching each question type.
- Practice Activities for Reading.
- Quickly to Understand the Main Idea.
- This is a KEY skill for success in the IELTS Reading test.
Lesson for IELTS Reading
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is one of the world’s most popular English language tests for entry into university or higher education where English is the language of communication. In other words, it is your academic passport!
The most difficult challenge you will face in the Academic Reading Test is the enormous amount of unknown vocabulary. In this book, you will learn a lot of frequently used academic words but, more importantly, you will learn strategies for managing unknown vocabulary. Each unit has extensive activities to help you develop your English vocabulary because a wide vocabulary base is one of the keys to success in the Reading test.
The exercises in this book have been designed to help you practise all essential reading skils as well as apply useful strategies you will need to answer different kinds of questions in the test.
Topics in this book have been chosen because they are interesting, appropriate, and typical. You will also study some common writing styles (narrative, description, and argument) which are often found in reading passeages of the IELTS test.