Each level of Practical Grammar has 100 units, divided into modules of five units. Each module examines a particular area of grammar.
The grammar is set in short, everyday conversations or texts, showing the language in natural situations which students will find engaging and can relate to.
Students then examine the form, meaning, and use of the language before practicing it in a variety of activity types. A Review section concludes each module and regular tests check students’ progress.
Each level comes with two audio CDs and a pin code which allows access to MyPG for extensive additional online practice for use at home or in self-access centres.
- Real language in natural situations: exposes students to grammar at work
- Listening and pronunciation: two audio CDs provide listen and check support and key pronunciation of the grammar items.
- Tips: highlight common errors and characteristics of English Grammar
- Regular review and progress tests: give students the opportunity to check their learning
Practical Grammar Level 1
This is the first in a series of grammar books for students of English. Level 1 introduces grammar to students at beginner to pre-intermediate level. It aims to:
- Teach all the key grammar at elementary level.
- Improve accuracy with grammar.
- Help students use grammar in real-life situations, including conversations.
Organisation of the book
Using Practical Grammar Level 1
Grammar in real contexts
The rules of grammar are important but it’s also important to see the grammar being used in a real-life situation. For this reason, each unit introduces the grammar through a short conversation or text.
After the presentation of the grammar, there are exercises that practise the new language in authentic contexts with recordings on the CDs to hear the language in use.