Progressive Skills level 3 helps students at university or about to enter a university where some or all of their course is taught in English.
Progressive Skills level 3 (pdf+Audio)
Progressive Skills level 3: Progressive Skills in English is a new course that prepares students for entry into English-medium study. Progressive Skills in English teaches necessary skills as part of a systematic language development program.
The course builds the skills required for lectures, tutorials, reading research, and written assignments in English. These new separate-skill editions allow students to focus on their individual skill requirements.
This is Level 3 of Progressive Skills: Listening & Speaking. This course is in four levels, from Intermediate to Advanced. In addition, there is a remedial/false beginner course, Starting Skills, for students who are not ready to begin Level 1.
Progressive Skills: Listening & Speaking is designed to help students who are at university or about to enter a university where some or all of their course is taught in English. The course helps students in these skills: Listening — to lectures Speaking — in tutorials and seminars
Progressive Skills: Listening & Speaking is arranged in five themes. Each theme is divided into two skill sections. Each skill section has five core lessons as follows:
- Lesson 1: Vocabulary for the skill pre-teaches key vocabulary for the section.
- Lesson 2: Real-time practice practises previously learnt skills and exposes students to new skills; in most cases, this lesson provides a model for the activity in Lessor 5.
- Lesson 3: Learning skills presents and practises new skills.
- Lesson 4: Grammar for the skill presents and practises key grammar points for the skill.
- Lesson 5: Applying skills provides practice in the skills and grammar from the section; in most cases, students work on a parallel task to the one presented in Lesson 2.
You can also read: