IELTS Graduation Study Skills Pack is a book for students preparing to take the IELTS academic test. And it is a comprehensive course designed to effectively develop the academic language and exam skills essential for passing the IELTS exam.
The Student’s Book consists of 10 interesting topic-based units that comprehensively practice the core skills. Each unit also contains Language Focus sections, which analyse the main grammatical areas relevant to a higher IELTS level. Further grammatical explanations, model answers and listening scripts can be found at the back of the book.
The Study Skills Book can be used to supplement IELTS Graduation or used as a separate course. Divided into four sections the book provides further practice in the Listening, Speaking, Academic Reading and Writing modules of the IELTS exam. Answer keys and comments are included along with an Audio CD that contains IELTS listening practice.
The IELTS Graduation Study Skills Pack course features are as follow:
- The course can be used for self-study or in the IELTS classroom due to the flexibility offered by the Study Skills book.
- Students can improve their understanding of grammar and expand their vocabulary range through the Language Focus sections.
- Dictionary Focus, Grammar and Vocabulary sections provide additional exercises to practise words and structures commonly used in academic work.
- Model answers for authentic writing questions demonstrate the types of texts required and the level of language desirable.
- The course can be extended or shortened with the help of optional activities included in the Teacher’s Book, alongside the recordings scripts, highlighted answers and thorough teaching notes.
This book consists of 10 interesting topic-based units that develop the four skills necessary to study and perform effectively in an English-speaking academic environment. The speaking module is given special importance and there is a strong focus on formal language of writing and academic discourse to ensure that students finish the course confident and well equipped to succeed.