Collins Get Ready for IELTS is a lower-level exam practice book designed to improve the level of students who plan to take the IELTS test in the future.
Collins Get Ready for IELTS Series
Collins Get Ready for IELTS series is the perfect book for lower-level learners who want to develop the necessary skills to perform effectively on the IELTS test.
Perfect for self-study, the series follows a guided-learning approach that gives students access to a full answer key with model answers. Developed by experienced IELTS tutors, the series takes into account the specific language needs of learners at this level.
- Twelve units of carefully graded material for lower-level students, all supported with clear examples.
- Key IELTS grammar and vocabulary for the IELTS test provided in each unit.
- Regular exam tips and information in each unit.
- ‘Watch out!’ sections that highlight common errors made by learners in the IELTS test.
- Four review units to check and consolidate understanding of key language and skills for the IELTS test.
- Complete IELTS practice test and answer key provided.
- A vocabulary glossary for each unit is provided at the back of the book.
Each unit starts with the Alms of the unit. They outline the key language and skills covered.
Part 1: Language development provides exercises on vocabulary related to the topic as well as any relevant grammar points related to the IELTS Task covered in the unit. Clear structures are provided.
Part 2: Skills development provides information and practice on the task types you will come across in the IELTS test. M explanation of each task type is followed by exercises of increasing difficulty. These exercises give you the opportunity to practise the skills that are needed to complete the task, and they help you to develop strategies for completing these tasks in the test.
Part 3: Exam practice provides realistic exam practice questions for the tasks you have been practising, in a format that follows the actual exam. You can use this to check your progress towards being ready for the test.
Finally, a checklist summarises the key points covered in the unit.