IELTS Maximiser Speaking Book has been primarily designed for candidates aiming to achieve a band score of 6 or 7 on the Speaking Test of the IELTS exam
Download IELTS Maximiser Speaking ( PDF + Audio ) 3rd Edition
IELTS Maximiser Speaking Book has been primarily designed for candidates aiming to achieve a band score of 6 or 7 on the Speaking Test of the IELTS exam.
Although candidates intending to achieve a band score of 5 will also benefit from the book, it covers many aspects of the interview with ample samples and provides a considerable number of highly focused ideas to improve candidates’ performance.
Content of the book:
This topic-based book consists of three parts, each of which concentrates on various IELTS-type questions.
- Part 1 presents a range of questions with sample answers mainly connected to home life, education, job, interests, hometown and future plans.
The suggested answers present a range of functions that students may need during the speaking test.
- Part 2 contains 100 topic cards with 20 sample answers.
- Part 3 is divided into 100 A-z topics. Each comprising a number of key words in which the target key words and ideas are contextualized.
- In part 3, there is a section entitled ‘Discussion Questions’ at the end of each topic to activate the students’ production of the themes in a discussion.
- Contains interview extension activities for further practice or homework. These revision activities specifically designed to consolidate the answers presented.
- Includes ‘Speaking Test Tips’ to help students increase their band scores. has a Teacher’s Guide, giving many invaluable hints.
Special features of the book: –
- Designed to be appropriate for all candidates of the IELTS Speaking test.
- Provides a rich source of information and language that allows for a great amount of candidate personalisation and response in each topic.
- Offers systematic vocabulary development and presents key words in conceptual ideas mainly provided in the format of ‘Pros and Cons’, ‘For and Against’ and ‘Cause and Effect’.
- Contains a large number of controversial issues followed with thought-provoking discussion questions. The aim has been to encourage critical thinking and discussion in IELTS preparation classes.
- Provides a rich source of information and language input for IELTS Writing (Task 2).
- Can be used in any order, depending on the student’s needs, level, aims and available time.
- Is suitable for both independent study and classroom use.
- Is highly recommended for all candidates preparing for TOEFL, FCE and CAE examinations. I hope you enjoy studying IELTS Maximiser and have success with the book!