Clear Speech, Third Edition, is a revised and expanded version of the highly successful and innovative pronunciation text for intermediate and high intermediate students of English.
KEY FEATURES OF THE NEW EDITION
A revised and expanded version of the highly successful and innovative pronunciation text for intermediate to high-intermediate students of North American English. The Clear Speech, Third Edition, Student’s Book provides learners with visual representations of important pronunciation features, such as voicing and syllable length. It features a reordered table of contents, a greater emphasis on listening recognition, and more coverage of vowel sounds. It also contains a Student Audio CD, so students can practice many of the exercises on their own.
Clear Speech is a highly successful and innovative pronunciation text for intermediate to high-intermediate students of English. It focuses on those features of English pronunciation that contribute the most to intelligibility – rhythm, stress, and intonation – as well as on individual speech sounds that carry important grammatical meaning, such as the plural “s” for English nouns and past tense “d” for verbs.
- More listening activities.
- Expanded coverage of vowel sounds.
- New graphics that visually represent important pronunciation features.
- “Music of English” boxes that teach the patterns of English rhythm and intonation.
- Appendices with extra consonant work and advanced-level activities.
- Student audio CD containing over 80 listening and speaking exercises.
Teacher’s Resource Book
- Detailed teaching notes for each unit.
- Theoretical support.
- Creative ideas for classroom presentation.
- Answer keys, dictations, quizzes, and audio scripts.
- A broad selection of activities.
- A variety of speakers using natural-sounding speech.
- Dialogues and dictations filled with examples of key pronunciation features.
- Clear Listening Test.
Clear Speech is suitable as a classroom text, for laboratory use, and for self-study.