Oxford English for Careers 1 is a course for pre-work students studying on technology-related courses, who will need to communicate accurately in English at work.
Oxford English for Careers is a new, up.to.dote course where you learn what you need to know for o career in medicine.
- Learn the English you need to do the job.
- Practise language in real work situations.
- Learn the right vocabulary for speaking to patients and colleagues.
Medicine 1 gives you the language, information, and skills you need to start your career:
- It’s my job – real people talk about their work in medicine.
- Patient care – key interpersonal skills for patient-centred communication.
- Reading bank – practice in reading for medicine.
- Based on the communication skills for OSCE.
- Reference to the Oxford Handbook series – authentic material from the world’s best selling medical handbooks.
- Online interactive exercises to revise and recycle language.
For The Teacher:
- The Teacher’s Resource Book helps you reach English for medicine, so you can prepare your students to work in medicine.
- Background introductions give you the specialist knowledge you need to tench the unit with confidence.
- Handy tips give you clear explanations and advice.
- Additional activities and unit-by-unit tests help you provide your students with extra practice and support.
- Online resources including Listening scripts, Glossary, and further help on how to teach English for medicine.