English for the Financial Sector is a course for business students and people working in finance. The book covers a wide range of topics and practises the skills essential to operating successfully in the financial industry.
English for the Financial Sector
The course helps students to prepare for a career in finance and enables those already working in the industry to improve their financial English. The 24 units build vocabulary and develop key language functions while also providing extensive practice in business communication skills.
English for the Financial Sector is suitable for students with an intermediate or upper-intermediate level of English and provides approximately 50 hours of classroom material.
- Providing at least 50 hours of classroom material, this course builds financial language and teaches students about key financial concepts.
- English for the Financial Sector also focuses on the communication skills necessary for working effectively within the industry.
- It covers a wide range of financial topics, including retail and investment banking, accounting, trade finance, and mergers and acquisitions.
- A Teacher’s Book and Audio CD are also available.
English for the Financial Sector helps learners to prepare for a career in finance and enables those already working in the industry to improve their financial English.
- Covers key areas of finance including international trade, accounting, asset management, foreign exchange and central banking.
- Includes a wide variety of activities to practise essential skills such as telephoning, negotiating, presenting and socialising.
- Features task-based activities in realistic professional situations at the end of each unit.
- Provides extensive guidance and practice in writing emails, letters and reports on finance-related subjects.
- Offers clear and concise explanations of specialist vocabulary.
- Includes listening material based on authentic interviews with finance professionals.
- Student’s Book
- Audio CD
- Teacher’s Book