IELTS Academic Preparation Reading & Writing
IELTS Academic Preparation is an IELTS Academic preparation and practice course for both Reading and Writing tests. It will help you to score high.
How to use this book?
There are three main parts to this book. The Academic Reading is Part 1 and Academic Writing is divided into two sections: Part 2 for Task 1 and Part 3 for Task 2. The units and the activities have been numbered separately in each section. Answers for the activities and the practice tests are in the Answer Key at the end of the book. You can check IELTS Prepare General Training book too.
Part 1: IELTS Academic Reading
IELTS Academic Reading part 1 gives you:
- An overview of the test that describes the Academic Reading, the form of the instructions, and the question types. T here is then a reading that contains examples of all the different question types found in the IELTS exam ..
- A chapter on the skills you will need for success in the IELTS exam.
- The question types in detail. For each question type, there is an explanation at the beginning. The purpose of this explanation is to help you understand the purpose of the question type and the appropriate skill for answering the question. After the explanation, there is a Guided Practice. Here useful skills and strategies are explained in· detail and there are activities for you to practice the skills. Then there is an Exam-style Practice, which provides a reading and questions for you to work through as you would for the actual IELT S exam. Follow the instructions for each activity and, when you have finished, check your answers in the Answer Key at the back of the book. Because working fast and efficiently is very important in tests, many exercises have a Time Target. The time target gives you a suggested time limit for the activity.
- Four practice reading tests and a reading answer sheet, which you may copy.
Parts 2 and 3: IELTS Academic Writing
IELTS Academic Writing Part 2 gives you:
- It gives you an overview of Task 1.
- Takes you through each of the features the examiner uses to mark Task 1: Task Achievement, Coherence and cohesion, Lexical Resource, and Grammatical range and accuracy. Here useful skills and language will be explained in detail and there are activities for you to practice the skills and the language.
- There are then some Task 1 questions with candidate answers and analysis of those answers. T here are also several Task 1 questions for you to practice on.
IELTS Academic Writing Part 3
- gives you an overview of Task 2.
- takes you through the process of analyzing the task question in order to plan your essay. Useful skills and language for writing an effective Task 2 response will be explained in detail and there are activities for you to practice the skills and the language.
- There are then some Task 2 questions for you to practice writing before you look at the sample answers given in the Appendix. T here are editing checklists for Tasks 1 and 2 that you can copy and use to assess your own writing. You can do the sections in any sequence you wish, but you will gain the most benefit by working through the units before you do any practice tests.
I really hope you liked our article for today. You can get the IELTS Academic Preparation And Practice course from the link below. I wish you all the best. Good Luck.