Oxford Grammar for schools is a 5-level series with clear explanations and communicative activities to help young learners and teenagers understand and practice grammar.
Oxford Grammar for Schools gives students the opportunity to explore grammar for themselves and encourages them to be aware of their progress through regular self-evaluation and review.
As students activate their grammar through listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities, they activate their English.
You can also read: All Cambridge IELTS Books
Oxford Grammar for schools 1,2,3,4,5 (Full books SB & TB + CD)
Oxford Grammarfor Schools helps students develop a detailed understanding of grammar form and use in context, and inspires them to have fun with English through songs and games.
The grammar is introduced or revised through easy-to-read tables and illustrated presentations with clear examples. The exercises build from simple concept-check activities up to more communicative and productive skills-based activities. In each unit, there are several speaking activities where students work with each other to use English with improved accuracy and confidence. The extended writing activities also encourage students to use language in realistic situations.
Each unit begins with a ‘Can do’ statement, which says what students will be able to achieve on completion of the unit. At the end of each unit is a self-evaluation table.
Students should be encouraged to rate their progress in each exercise, which helps them to take responsibility for their own learning and also increases motivation.
At the end of the book, there are five pages of extra information for the information gap activities, a word list with spaces for students to write their own translations, and a list of key verbs for them to learn.
Students can use the Oxford Grammar for Schools series in class with their coursebooks to support and reinforce their grammar study. The Teacher’s Book includes all the answers and audio scripts. There are also tests for every Student’s Book unit and four review tests that can be used at the end of a school term.
You can also read: English Verbs
The Student’s DVD-ROM includes scored interactive activities as well as all the Student’s Book pages in digital form and all the listening exercises and songs. The Student’s DVD-ROM enables students to use the Student’s Book outside class, and can also be used on an interactive whiteboard in class.
A 5-level series with clear explanations and communicative activities to help young learners and teenagers understand and practice grammar. Oxford Grammar for Schools gives students the opportunity to explore grammar for themselves and encourages them to be aware of their progress through regular self-evaluation and review. As students activate their grammar through listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities, they activate their English.
- Covers all the grammar students need to know for the Cambridge exams.
- Approximately 30 units per level – the right length for one academic year.
- Clearly stated ‘I can’ learning outcomes for every unit.
- Contextualized explanations.
- Opportunities to practice grammar and to practice listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Graded exercises for mixed-ability classes.
- Self-evaluation check for each unit.
- Regular revision, testing, and exam-style questions.
- DVD-ROM for interactive whiteboard or for home study.
This Series cover
Oxford Grammar for Schools covers all the grammar students need to know for the Cambridge exams:
- Level 1 – Cambridge English: Starters
- Level 2 – Cambridge English: Movers
- Level 3 – Cambridge English: Flyers
- Level 4 – Cambridge English: Preliminary for Schools
- Level 5 – Cambridge English: Preliminary for Schools
You can also read:
- 200 English Grammar Mistakes
- Oxford English Grammar Course Basic
- TOEFL Vocabulary and Grammar
- English Grammar 100 Tragically Common Mistakes
- Grammar Songs & Raps
- Grammar and Vocabulary for Cambridge First