The Student Writer
The Student Writer: Editor and Critic strengthens the text’s commitment to helping students become better writers by helping them develop their own successful writing processes and by helping them become reliable critics and editors of their own texts. It also maintains the text’s commitment to demonstrating the importance of writing across the curriculum, in the workplace, and in students’ private lives.
In this new, ninth edition, The Student Writer continues its commitment to helping students become better writers by developing their critical thinking skills and discovering their best writing practices. It also maintains its emphasis on demonstrating the importance of writing across the curriculum, in the workplace, and in students’ private lives.
THE NEW EDITION FEATURES:
- Enhanced coverage of critical thinking.
- More on the connection between reading and writing.
- More coverage of academic reading and writing, including reading and writing in response to textbooks.
- Information on writing to learn.
- Sixteen new student and professional essays on high-interest topics, including crime and punishment, environmentalism, and social media.
- Expanded coverage of the APA style sheet, with more APA models and a new research paper in APA style.
- More streamlined, concise coverage of the writing process.